Date of EventSaturday, 18. 5. 2019 from 11.00
Expected end of the concert 12.10
Price300 CZK Sold out
- Fryderyk Chopin: Ballade in F major Op. 38
- Fryderyk Chopin: Nocturne in B major Op. 9/3
- Fryderyk Chopin: Etude in C minor Op. 10/12
- Fryderyk Chopin: Tři velké brilantní valčíky op. 34
- Franz Liszt - Fryderyk Chopin: Šest polských písní S 480 (polde Polských písní op. 74 Fryderyka Chopina)
- Franz Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C sharp minor
- Franz Liszt: Nocturne No. 3 in A flat major
- Franz Liszt: Transcendental Etude No. 12 “Chasse-neige“
- Charles Gounod / Franz Liszt: Waltz from Opera Faust
- Matyáš Novák - piano
The purchase did not work
We're sorry, there was an error during the purchase, please try again.
- Possibility of selecting a place
- Possibility to buy the program along with a ticket
The applause just went
on and on
Just 20 years old, this native of Hradec Králové has won a series of national and international competitions. Pianist Matyáš Novák’s latest triumph occurred in September 2018 when, amid tough international competition, he came second at the International Edvard Grieg Piano Competition in Bergen, Norway.
His recent appearance at the Pardubice Music Spring festival was extremely well received. “Matyáš Novák made his mark as a consummate performer of Bach’s Piano Concerto in D minor, and his delicate touch was superbly suited to the Baroque masterpiece,” wrote a reviewer on the Opera Plus website, adding: “The applause just went on and on.”
Fryderyk Chopin and Franz Liszt are among the pianist’s favourites, thus his decision to select them for his Prague Spring debut.
Matyáš is likewise a sought-after chamber player, but he’s also an expert on railway transport and loves travelling by train, he’s an avid hen breeder and he likes to bake in his spare time.