Postponed bassoon and clarinet competition 2022
Conditions for participation in the 2022 competition for bassoon and clarinet
The 2022 Prague Spring International Music Competition will be held in place of the competition cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic in 2020. For this reason, the following special conditions shall apply for applicants to the competition for both instruments:
- The preliminary round of the 2020 competition took place entirely in accordance with the Competition Terms and Conditions, so the results shall remain valid.
- Because of the two-year delay, the age limit shall be raised to 32 for this special case, so competitors born on or after 7 May 1990 may take part in the competition.
- The competition repertoire shall remain unchanged for both instruments, including the newly composed compulsory compositions. The concert halls and the accompanying orchestras will also remain unchanged.
- The jury members will be the same, but the competition presenter reserves the right to make changes to the juries.
- Applicants accepted for the competition in 2020 must submit a new, binding registration using the on-line form no later than by 30 September 2021, and by that same deadline they must also pay the participation fee of EUR 80. Applicants who fail to do so by the deadline will not be able to take part in the competition. The registration form and information about making payments will be announced in June 2021.
- If some applicants who have been accepted for the competition decide not to participate, an additional preliminary round will be held to fill the vacancies with the same repertoire and selection committee as in 2020. The number of vacancies will be announced by 10 Oct. 2021. If there are vacancies, an application form will be made available on the same day.
- The scores of the newly composed compulsory works have already been sent to the applicants who were accepted for the competition. We would remind you that these compositions are to be given their premieres during the second round of the competition in In order to maintain equal conditions for everyone, it will be possible to purchase the scores of these works from the publisher beginning on 1 May 2020.